Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Being involved in a personal injury accident is traumatizing. It is even worse if the injuries sustained in the accident are catastrophic. If you or someone you care about is dealing with a case like this, you need to contact a catastrophic injury lawyer in Morgantown, West Virginia from Hayhurst Law as soon as possible. You do not want to miss any filing deadlines.
Examples of Catastrophic Injuries
There are many different things that could be classified under a “catastrophic injury.” This is why you absolutely need a lawyer on your side to help determine how much to file for and what you may be able to get out of your case. Some of the most common catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries. These can happen by getting hit on the head by an object, slipping and falling, or even in a bad car accident. TBIs affect every part of your life. They can change the way you feel, make you forget how to do even simple everyday tasks, and can make it impossible to do your job anymore.
- Spinal cord injuries. These can make people become paralyzed and unable to walk or do things for themselves anymore. It is important to get as much treatment and physical therapy as possible for a spinal cord injury in hopes of making some kind of recovery.
- Anything that has a great impact on your life can be classified as a catastrophic injury. It does not have to be a permanent and lifelong injury, but it does need to be significant and worse than just a few little issues.
An experienced catastrophic injury lawyer will be able to go over your case and see how to move forward in filing.
Compensation You May Seek
There are many different damages you may file for in a catastrophic injury case. Some things your lawyer may recommend filing for include:
- Damages for all of your medical bills. This includes any past, present, or future surgeries that you need, prescription medication, and even reconstructive surgeries to make your appearance look normal again if you were disfigured in the accident.
- Damages for emotional pain can often be sought after in a catastrophic injury case. This would likely be labeled as “pain and suffering” damages, but can also be “loss of consortium” for the spouse or partner of the accident victim. These damages need to be figured out by a lawyer with experience in the field who knows what amount a judge may find favorable in your case. You deserve to get some kind of compensation for the trauma you have been through.
- Lost wages due to missed work. You and your family should not have to suffer because of the catastrophic accident. You deserve to make the same amount of money you would have if you had been able to continue working as normal.
Contact a Lawyer Today
Do not hesitate to reach out to Hayhurst Law today. We will set up a consultation to go over the details of your case and determine the best way to move forward. Contact us today to learn more!